Friday, April 20, 2012

Crochet tea party time


We have been away, at my favourite beach no less.  More on that next post. Right now I am bouncing around with excitement looking at all your posts from while I was away. There are also so many treasures and exciting bits and pieces to share from Betsy's, I am thinking of doing a few little posts in a row to try and catch up.

Firstly, anyone for a tea party? Before our beach jaunt I did get to spend a few hours in Ipswich prowling the op shops and look what was waiting for miss Liongirl and I. This gorgeous crochet tea set was brand new and sealed in a ziplock bag before a donation to the op shop. At $5 I hope the owner knows how much love it will get over here at Betsy's. The cups were 50 cents each and the vintage sheet $3. Miss Liongirl of course had to set it all up on that little pink tray from my favourite second hand store in the world, Vintage Advantage on the main street of Ipswich.
I know I have posted before on how much I love that shop, makes me want to get a job there just so I can covet all the treasures up close, for  hours at a time. The prices are very reasonable, the tray was $4 and there are some more treats to share another day.

What about my potato box makeover? I am very much liking the colour I found by pure luck at Bunnings. I bought it even before I had a project in mind but it was just the right amount to cover this box. It has a slightly green tone in certain lights, a very curious colour. Taubman's Milan Breeze if anyone is wondering. Miss Liongirl of course wants me to paint over it in PINK. I am trying to slowly wean her off her pink obsession.


And I am not the only one tackling little projects. Remember that box of tap bits that Legoman ferreted out last post? Look what he turned them into. He has a little bit of a cufflink obsession. I think they are just a little bit cool myself. Clever boy.


Now this gauge thingy that the demolition dude threw in for free? Very curious to see what plans he has for this.




Anyway, I am itching to pop over and visit everyone. Back soon with some beachside bliss. Here is a taste. (I think age 3 is about the only time in life where one can not only source swimmers with wings but also wear them with absolute commitment).






15 comments:

  1. So many things to like! Cufflinks are inspired! Love vintage advantage too. Love Ipswich op shops. Love your purchases. And I want wings for my bathers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the teaset!!! what a very lucky find. gorgeous and i LOVE the pink tray! And crocodile claps to your mr...those cufflinks are tops. Well done Legoman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wings and the tea set.

    I hope you had a lovely time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 'm envious of your time at the coast. We thought we'd get away a bit at Easter, but it sadly didn't happen due to hubby's work. The crochet teaset was indeed an amazing score. Something every little girl would want in her collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wings and the bottom. So cute!

    And I love your sheet and tray ... and your blog. It's always got something completely inspiring.

    I've never been Op Shopping in Ipswich. Sounds like it has the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, last pic is so cute. Great finds. I love how you have set it all out in the first pic. What great finds especially the little crochet set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish i could pull off a pair of cossies like these.
    Love how the potato box has turned out and the thrifted tea set look perfect atop it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet tea set and I LOVE the togs with wings. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that green colour and the water wings. Hubby might have a nice business there with the cuff links! Very groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the water wings and that green colour. The cuff links could be a nice little on line business. I have a plumber friend who'd love a pair. Is that the lagoon again?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the vintage sheet: I've always wanted to go opshopping in Ispwich: hopefully this year I'll realise my dream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh mel, what a treat for my eyes! loving the sheet, it's utter perfection!! what a perfect little collection of delights. enjoy your beachside getaway and i look forward to seeing more of your finds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cuff links are uber cool!

    Mel, I'm still astonished at your luck with op-shopping! Lovely to read your blog again. I've been staying at in-laws for the last week and haven't been as active online either!

    Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute teaset,great find.Love your demoyard finds as well.Never knew Legoman was artistic,clever!Know another little miss who needs weaning from pink!Sweet togs.

    ReplyDelete