Thursday, May 10, 2012

On the go


There are numerous half baked projects going on over here. Here is a sneak peek of one that is nearly finished.  Let me just say in a previous life it was a nasty orange stained pine, it's a little too small for me and the owner probably wishes it was pink. Just a few more knobs to paint and pop in place  and I'll be back with the big picture.

In the meantime, there is always some time for a quick op shop visit. Can you believe this little coat? Pink velvet with an embroidered collar. Hoping it passes miss Liongirl's approval rating system. I wish it was in my size!





Apples or pears? Or both. Any thoughts on the intended purpose of this dish? I presume it is not for the decorative placement of one pear and one apple. I am thinking either keys or loose change.




And a gorgeous egg cup for miss Liongirl who has recently discovered the joy of gooey eggs with toast soldiers.


And some wonderful additions to our book collections. An Australian animal little golden book, and another hard cover Enid Blyton.



Better run, vintage wallpaper calling.

16 comments:

  1. Loving the half finished project. And such a cute jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a sibling to your apple and pear dish. Mine has a sort of sunset motif going on but the colours and cross hatching are identical though. I like to use mine for cheese and crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I am missing the call of the op shop. Ron and Brian will be worrying! I must fit one more visit in just to keep the itch at bay. Your pink jacket is so very Enid Blyton. Hope she likes it! You never can tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello with that coat?! gorgeous finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that coat is amazing!! the little egg cup is gorgeous too! ivy loves having "dunking eggs" with her dad on the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little coat is just SO sweet. Lucky little girl. And I love the apple and pear dish - for sweeties praps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all of that pretty wall paper, I can't wait to see the big reveal. Sweet coat indeed, I hope Miss Liongirl likes it, it will be nice and cosy for Winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I want the big reveal!!!!

    The little coat is gold. Love the details in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss liongirl's hutch is looking too cute,as is her new jacket.Very pretty finds,don't mind an egg-cup or two myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah ... all those hours spent reading Amelia Jane books ... takes me back ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little project is looking gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished. Love the coat and oppie finds. I think the little dish would be perfect for tea party sultanas/dates/apricots/nuts etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the wallpaper looks AMAZING!!!!! love the little velvet number but seriously, the wallpaper? amazing!!!!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coat is gorgeous! God I love op shopping. I've already been once today. Can I handle another session this afternoon after the bub wakes from her nap... Probably. :-

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute cute cute! I love collecting Enid Blyton books as well, my nearly 7yr old loves them :-) and so do I!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was a huge Enid Blyton fan, and stil have all of my books from back in the day.
    That pink coat is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete