Monday, May 21, 2012

Vintage wallpaper dresser cafe is open



So the vintage wallpaper dresser is finished and is now a fully operational cafe run by miss Liongirl. Here is the back story.

Original dresser in nasty orange pine colour purchased from Ebay for $15 and brought down in the boot of a friends car from the Sunshine coast. Lots of coats of white paint by everyone in the house. Yep, Legoman and both kids helped with this part. Top coat by me in Dulux Aquanamel. 




And my new friend, Mod Podge, courtesy of Spotlight. As well as a gradually collected pile of vintage wallpaper and contact and paper.


Once the painting was done, the fun colourful bit happened really fast.  The outside is a glorious assortment of vintage wallpaper, several bought from lovely Laura  at a recent Suitcase Rummage.


The inside is a mixture of vintage yellow flower contact, new red spotted contact and floral paper. The paper did not modge podge very well and has wrinkles, I might change it some time. I do like all the colours together though.


A packet of white hooks from Bunnings and we were good to go.


Time for Miss Liongirl and I to stock up all the shelves with goodies.



And start serving the tea and cake special. This morning when she came into our lounge room in the half darkness of early morning the first thing she said was " Mama, my dresser is sooooooo bewtiful". The only thing better than that is sitting at her little table and chairs having my order taken on an etch-a-sketch and watching her serving it all up.



28 comments:

  1. It's SO gorgeous!!! Fantastic colours and patterns, I particularly love the bright pink & orange paper with the teapots, it's stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely! Liongirl will treasure both the dresser and also the memories of making it. Fx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have major kitchen envy going on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creation is so impossibly awesome!!! I think gals of any age would want to own a dresser like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loverly! Get that Fisher Price cash register out now and tea party like its 1999!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liongirl is a very lucky girl indeed - clever and inspired mummy that she has!
    Loving the wallpaper just a bit too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its adorable and the pattern on the paper are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is just amazing - I love it! What a lucky little lion girl xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! what a feast for the eyes! seriously mel, this is amazing. i am uber jealous and would LOVE a cafe like this to call my own. best mama award goes to you lovely lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are ever so fabulous! what a great idea! your little girl is SUPER lucky!! i think i want one for my house too.. haha!

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! That is sooo cute, the wallpaper looks amazing and then to top it off with the crocheted tea set etc ... Do you think my high school girls would go for one here lol? Well done. You are so clever! Now I am inspired to tackle a similar style of hutch in my craft room ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful and every little girls dream to have such a pretty place to do her cooking:) You have done a wonderful job of creating this for Miss Liongirl. May you have many more delicious meals made for you to enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing job Mel,looks super cute,I'm sure Miss Liongirl will have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melamex-ware and über cool wallpaper. Where do you find all these treasures? It makes me so jealous I will have to run out and rummage through my charity shops. :)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is gorgeous, you know that don't you?!

    Thank goodness for women like you, because hideous pine buffets would live a life of disdain and rejection. Now they can be rejuvenated to perfection!

    PS Have you read 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time?'. I think you might find it interesting. I did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is absolutely, positively, the most magnificent dresser in all the world. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just gorgeous! I love it! It's so unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is just gorgeous! I love it! It's so unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing job Mel. What a kaleidoscope of colour. Lucky liongirl.GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so inspirational!!! Just stunning!!!! Lion girl has the best mum ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOLY CRAPOLA. Mel this is the best thing i've ever seen. You are amazing (but thats not new news). I'm pinning this STAT!!!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant!! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is magic Mel! She must be SOOOO in love with her cafe. Bravo a million times over Mumma!! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow what a great job, a total transformation! Monika.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just stumbled across your blog today, this is so truly beautiful!!! I've got a little white dresser that needs a makeover, you have inspired me to get into it immediately!!

    ReplyDelete